Changes to Crop Over Festival
Changes will likely be made to the Crop Over Festival, according to CEO of the National Cultural Foundation, Cranston Browne.
Each year, following the Crop Over Festival, stakeholders gather together to review the season and come up with ideas in an attempt to better the experience in the future. Here are a few of this year’s proposed changes:
- junior calypsonians under 18 may be barred from the Pic-O-De-Crop, Sweet Soca and Party Monarch competitions
- artistes performing solo in any given competition may not also be a part of a duet within the same competition
- artistes must present different and original songs for each competition
- Pic-O-De-Crop Finals and the start of the Foreday Morning Jam remain on separate days, allowing the jump to start (and end) earlier
- a review of judging criteria is also on the table
Rihanna not pleased with CBS
After being cut from last week’s premier of Thursday Night’s Football, Rihanna has become fuming mad at CBS for trying to ‘get back in her good books’ by attempting to fit her back into the lineup. She made her feelings clear as she took to twitter in Rihanna style, of course expletives included.
CBS has responded by cutting her altogether and opting for “newly created ‘Thursday Night Football’ theme music.”
All of which came about after the suspension of the Baltimore Ravens star Ray Rice, due to domestic violecne matters. The station felt that Rihanna’s history of domestic violence warrented such actions… Ok, so you are punishing Rihanna for having been abused????