GENERAL CONTEST RULES
NO PURCHASE OR OBLIGATION IS NECESSARY. By entering this Contest, entrants agree to abide by all terms of these Official Competition Rules and the decisions of Caribbean Dreams Magazine, and its Sponsors, whose decisions shall be final and binding. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
2. Eligibility Contest are open only to individuals who are 18 years of age or older (unless otherwise stated). Winners must be residents of Barbados or individuals who will be visiting Barbados between Aug 1st 2013 and Aug 1st 2014. An individual may not win more than once within a 30day period unless otherwise stated. Employees of Caribbean Dreams Magazine, the participating sponsors and their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliates, their employees and their immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, siblings and grandparents) are NOT eligible to win. By entering any Contest, entrants agree to waive any and all claims against Caribbean Dreams Magazine for personal injury, damage or loss of any kind which may result from participation in the Contest or from the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use of any prize.
3. HOW TO ENTER You will have various ways to enter and play depending on the contest and prize to be won. No responsibility is assumed by Caribbean Dreams Magazine for any telephone or other technical malfunctions that may occur.
4. Winner Selection Odds of winning depend on the total number of entrants. Only one (1) winner per household. If there is a grand prize, the Grand prize drawing will be conducted by an impartial representative of the Contest Administrator.
5. Prizes Prizes are transferable. BUT No cash redemption or substitution, except that Caribbean Dreams Magazine (Prize Sponsors), in their sole discretion, reserve the right to change or replace prizes at any time with prizes of greater or comparable value. Prize winners are solely responsible for all applicable local taxes that become due.
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION The Administrator will attempt to notify the prospective grand prize winner by telephone and/or e-mail. If the prospective prize winner cannot be contacted within 14 days of the first attempted contact, or if eligibility requirements are not met, a prospective prize winner will be deemed ineligible, and an alternative prospective prize winner will be selected at random from the remaining entrants. This winner selection process will continue through 5 rounds of selecting alternates until a new prize winner is determined. If no eligible prize-winner is found then said prize will be retained by Caribbean Dreams Magazine for use at a future date. Where necessary, prize winners may be required to complete, sign and return Affidavits of Eligibility, Waivers of Liability and Publicity Releases. Failure to comply with these Official Contest Rules or to claim a prize will result in disqualification of a prospective winner and the selection of an alternate winner.
7. General Conditions Contest are subject to all local laws, rules and regulations. Entrants may be required to grant to Caribbean Dreams Magazine the right to use and publish their proper name, and the winning Parish online and in print or any other media, in connection with the Contest. The acceptance of a prize constitutes permission for Caribbean Dreams Magazine to use the winners’ names and likeness for advertising and promotional purposes without additional compensation unless prohibited by law or unless otherwise agreed upon. Caribbean Dreams Magazine reserves the right to disqualify any individual they find to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the game; to be acting in violation of these Official Contest Rules; or to be acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass Caribbean dreams Or Its Sponsors or any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PERSON TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF ANY CONTEST IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSORS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
8. Limitations of Liability If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, due to tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes beyond the control of Caribbean Dreams Magazine which corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Contest, Caribbean Dreams Magazine reserve the right to disqualify any individual who causes any such problem, and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. Caribbean Dreams Magazine assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, or any problem or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, or any combination thereof, which may limit an entrant’s ability to participate in this Contest.
By entering this Contest, each entrant agrees that (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or in connection with the Contest or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs, associated with entering the Contest, but in no event will attorneys’ fees be awarded or recoverable; and (3) under no circumstances will any entrant be permitted to obtain any award for, and entrant hereby knowingly and expressly waives all rights to, punitive, incidental or consequential damages and/or any other damages other than actual out-of-pocket expenses.
Each winner, by accepting a prize, agrees to release and hold harmless Caribbean Dreams Magazine from any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever, which may result from the receipt, enjoyment, ownership or use or misuse of such prize (including, without limitation, claims, costs, injuries, losses and damages related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, or any claims, costs, injuries, losses, or damages related to or based on the entrant’s rights of publicity or privacy, or the entrant’s claim that he/she has somehow been defamed or portrayed in a false light).
Caribbean Dreams Magazine do not assume any responsibility for any schedule changes in the Contest timeline, including without limitation, scheduling conflicts, labor strikes, Acts of God, or other unforeseen events that disrupt the Contest schedule. Caribbean Dreams Magazine reserve the right to cancel, modify, or suspend this Contest.
ALL ISSUES AND QUESTIONS CONCERNING THE CONSTRUCTION, VALIDITY, INTERPRETATION AND ENFORCEABILITY OF THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR CARIBBEAN DREAMS MAGAZINE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST SHALL BE GOVERNED BY AND CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE LAWS OF BARBDOS WITHOUT GIVING EFFECT TO ANY CONFLICT OF LAW RULES OR PROVISIONS THAT WOULD CAUSE THE APPLICATION OF ANY OTHER STATE’S/COUNTRIES LAWS. THE INVALIDITY OR UNENFORCEABILITY OF ANY PROVISION OF THESE RULES SHALL NOT AFFECT THE VALIDITY OR ENFORCEABILITY OF ANY OTHER PROVISION. IN THE EVENT THAT ANY PROVISION IS DETERMINED TO BE INVALID OR OTHERWISE UNENFORCEABLE OR ILLEGAL, THESE RULES SHALL OTHERWISE REMAIN IN EFFECT AND SHALL BE CONSTRUED IN ACCORDANCE WITH THEIR TERMS AS IF THE INVALID OR ILLEGAL PROVISION WERE NOT CONTAINED HEREIN. EACH PERSON WHO PARTICIPATES IN THIS CONTEST AGREES THAT THE COURTS LOCATED BARBADOS SHALL HAVE EXCLUSIVE JURISDICTION OVER ANY SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF OR BASED UPON THESE OFFICIAL CONTEST RULES OR THE RIGHTS AND OBLIGATIONS OF ENTRANTS OR CARIBBEAN DREAMS MAGAZINE IN CONNECTION WITH THIS CONTEST AND EACH HEREBY WAIVES ANY CLAIM THAT IS NOT SUBJECT PERSONALLY TO THE JURISDICTION OF SAID COURTS OR THAT ANY SUCH SUIT OR OTHER PROCEEDING IS BROUGHT IN AN INCONVENIENT FORUM OR IMPROPER VENUE.
11. CONTEST ADMINISTRATOR CARIBBEAN DREAMS MAGAZINE , Guinea Plantation, St. John Barbados.
CONTEST VOID WHERE PROHIBITED